Cost Savings Calculator for Hospitals
How to use this tool:
1. Input the total number of operations.
2. Input the rate of deep sternal wound infection.
(Deep sternal wound infection has documented to occur at rates between 0.3% to 7.3% ¹,²)
3. We use the average cost for treating a DSWI ($56,000) ³ to calculate how much infections are costing the hospital.
4. We used data from our clinical trials to determine how much we can help prevent infection. (click here for info on our studies)
1.Rupprecht L, Schmid C. Deep Sternal Wound Complications: An Overview of Old and New Therapeutic Options. Open Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery 2013:6
2.Jonkers D, Elenbaas T, Terporten P, Nieman F, Stobberingh E. Prevalence of 90-days postoperative wound infections after cardiac surgery. European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery 23 (2003) 97–102
3. LAPAR ET AL Ann Thorac Surg COST ANALYSIS OF COMPLICATIONS AFTER CABG AVR 2013;96:1621–7